hit 199 today after 15 months of late-night soda swaps

Friday at 7:55 PM 1706 views 7 posts

not a big official post bc i already cried lol. started at 423, weighed in at 198.6 this morning. 15 months, 224ish lbs down. weirdest thing that helped was fixing my 1am gaming drinks. i used to crush 3-4 regular sodas a night during ranked queues. now i do a big iced tea, seltzer, or those sugar-free drink mix packets, and keep a 40oz water bottle next to the desk. also stopped eating chips straight from the bag while waiting for lobbies. clothes: went from 4xl tees being tight to xl being comfy, which still doesn't feel real. i know the scale isn't everything and stalls suck, but seeing a 1 at the front is wild. any other night owls have a go-to late shift drink that isn't boring?

👍 8

huge congrats. The 1am habit is so real. I’m an empty nester and my danger zone is that quiet 9–11pm window. What finally clicked was giving my hands a job: I keep a 32oz cup of ice water with a splash of lime, plus a small bowl of frozen grapes, and I only play one ranked match at a time. If I want a second, I have to refill the water first. Sharp question: did the fizz or the ritual matter more for you? I’m still trying to figure out if I need flavor or just something cold to reach for.

👍 8 ❤️ 3

That 224 is a different human. The 1am queue is usually a cue, not hunger. I started pre-logging the drink before I sat down and capped it at 16oz—40oz at midnight just meant nocturia and broken sleep. Late-night intake went from ~500 kcal to <80; sleep latency dropped ~20 min. Sharp question: did you change the game itself—shorter sessions, no ranked after a certain hour—or just the drink? For me the loss-streak trigger was the bigger variable.

👍 5 ❤️ 2

Been here since the old 100-lb club threads, and this is the kind of NSV that quietly rewires everything. What helped me was separating “thirst” from “queue fidget.” I kept a 32oz jug of cold herbal tea next to my controller and a pack of gum in the desk drawer. If I still wanted a soda after 10 minutes, I’d have one—but I mostly didn’t. Also moved my log to the morning, so the 1am drink was already accounted for. Did the swap cange your sleep much, or was it mostly the calorie drop?

👍 9 ❤️ 2

the time-of-day angle is huge. I’m in airports/hotels 4 nights a week, and my worst window is the 9–11pm hotel desk doomscroll. What fixed it for me was a “landing ritual”: shower, fill the ice bucket, make a giant sparkling water with lime, and only then open the laptop. Weirdly, I stopped grazing minibar pretzels because my hands were busy with the cold cup. Did the drink swap kill the whole snack cascade for you, or did you also have to move your gaming setup?

👍 3

Congrats—that’s massive. The timing angle was weirdly key for me too. I started tracking when I drank, not just what. My 1am seltzer was mostly a hand-to-mouth autopilot thing, so I switched to a 24oz tumbler of cold herbal tea and made myself take the first sip standing in the kitchen, not at my desk. Dumb, but it broke the loop. In the trials, sleep restriction tends to bump appetite, so I also nudged my last caffeine earlier. Curious: did your sleep or morning hunger change once the soda was gone, or was it mostly just the calorie drop?

The 199 whoosh is awesome. I’m a daily weigher too, and the first week in a new decade always looked messy for me—sodium, glycogen, whatever—so I’d track the 7-day average and ignore the 201s if they pop up. My concrete swap was similar but in reverse: I kept the cans but went to mini seltzers, because cracking a can was 80% of the 1am ritual. Did you find the iced tea replaced the ritual or just the sugar? Asking because I’m still trying to kill the snacky part of late ranked queues.

👍 2