41yo, 8 weeks into BPC-157 + TB-500 for a stubborn Achilles thing from March. Ran it per the protocol my physio gave me. Full labs before and again at week 8: hs-CRP 2.1 to 2.0, ESR unchanged, ferritin identical. But heel-drop pain went 6/10 to 2/10 and I'm back to full single-leg calf raises. So the subjective stuff moved and the markers didn't budge. Kind of the opposite of what I expected. Anyone else run before/after bloods on this stack? Trying to figure out if I'm measuring the wrong thing.
8 weeks BPC-157 + TB-500: CRP flat, ROM up — anyone tracking labs?
That's inside assay noise. You're chasing a rounding error.
Our lab quotes 5-10% CV no hs-CRP, so at 2.0 you'd need a swing of 0.2 before I'd call it real. His numbers say nothing either way.
Worth remembering what the animal data actually shows. The rat ethanol-ulcer work is our best number, 75.3% inhibition, and that's a local gastric mucosa endpoint, not systemic inflammation. Nothing there translates to hs-CRP moving. The angiogenic/fibroblast side fits your ROM coming back better than it fits your labs. TB-500 is the half people say acts on actin regulation. And the gummy trial, NCT07752381, 40 enrolled, still has no posted results, so we're all extrapolating from rodents.
That gummy trial is the one that gets me. Forty people, completed, and the registry entry is still blank.
That's basically the whole registry at this point.
Honestly the calf raises could just be the tendon's own timeline. Eight weeks is right about when mine turned the corner with no peptides involved. Not saying the stack did nothing, but ROM alone wont separate those two.
Re: the timeline point, fair enough. What about his ferritin though? Mine dropped on a similar run and I never got a straight answer why.
The only hard BPC-157 numbers I've found that aren't rodent endpoints come from a Bacillus licheniformis expression paper. 2% inoculum, 40 g/L soybean peptone, 80 g/L glucose, roughly threefold reporter expression over basal medium, then ammonium sulfate cuts at 50% and 60% saturation. Great if you're manufacturing the peptide. Says nothing about what it does in a person, which kind of sums up the whole field.
I tracked a 0–10 first-step pain score every morning instead of labs and mine moved in stair-steps, not a slope — 5,5,4,4,4,3,3,2 — which is exactly why bloodwork can look flat while you're clearly improving. The stuff that actually budged for me was boring stuff I wasn't even watching: resting HR down 4 bpm, sleep efficiency from 78% to 86%, and weight up 3 lbs because I stopped limping and went back to 9–10k steps a day, so appetite followed right along with it. Sort of the opposite of what I expected too, and it made me think a lot of this is mechanical/nervous-system stuff rather than anything a standard inflammation panel picks up. One fail worth sharing so you don't repeat it: I spent about $180 on repeat draws that told me nothing twice, money that would've been better spent on a decent bathroom scale and a couple months of gym. Curious whether your heel-drop score held at week 12 or crept back once the protocol ended — that's the number I'd actually care about.
long-time thread follwer here: for a localized Achilles thing, I’d expect function to move before hs-CRP/ESR. Mine stayed flat around 1.7 through a stubborn shoulder flare; what actually tracked was time-to-warm-up and next-day response after loading. I logged “pain-free single-leg raise” and “morning stiffness minutes” daily, and that trend was cleaner than any lab. There was a spring thread about labs lagging function—same pattern. Did you track next-day response, or just the heel-drop pain during? That’s the number that kept me from overshooting on good days.
I’ve stopped expecting CRP to mirror tendon stuff. For my Achilles-ish flare, the only thing that tracked with pain was morning ankle dorsiflexion against the wall (cm) and how long until it felt warm/loose after waking. CRP never budged. Curious—did your physio have you measure calf girth or single-leg heel-rise reps to fatigue? Those might be your real signal. And gentle follow-up: any change in sleep or resting HR during the 8 weeks, or pretty stable? Sometimes I see that move when nothing else does.
Tendon pain/function often decouples from systemic inflammation. hs-CRP is hepatic, not local. I’d want to see whether the wins held after a deload week or if it was just load tolerance improving. Did you keep a daily heel-drop rep-max or time-to-fatigue, or just pain? That’s the metric I’d trust more than CRP here.
Really glad the heel drops and single-leg raises are coming back — that functional shift matters. One thing that helped me during a similar rehab block was tracking weekly averages of a simple calf-endurance test: single-leg heel rises to fatigue, same time of day, same footwear. My rep count climbed well before I trusted the improvement. I also logged morning ankle circumference when it felt puffy, which gave me a second signal beyond pain. Have you tried a heel-rise endurance measure, or is your physio using something like that alongside range of motion?
Did you keep training load and sleep identical in the 48h before each draw? My hs-CRP swings ~0.8–1.2 just from a hard session or a rough night, which is way bigger than your 0.1 drop. Same lab and same assay both times? Also, did they run a hs vs standard CRP — the standard one can read "<3" and mask a real move.
Long game: I’m maintaining after my own loss, and for tendon stuff I’m with you—function beats labs. hs-CRP 2.1 to 2.0 is probably below the assay’s meaningful-change threshold unless you were flaring. What helped me was tracking single-leg heel-rise reps to fatigue and the day-after response to a long walk, not just pain in the moment. Also kept an eye on sleep and step volume—if you ramped those up as pain dropped, that alone can keep systemic inflammation flat. Did your physio run a heel-rise endurance test at baseline and week 8? That’s the number I’d want alongside your ROM.
Trend-line brain here: CRP is a slow whole-body marker, so a local Achilles thing not showing up there wouldn’t shock me. What I’d add to your tracking is weekly single-leg heel-rise reps to a metronome plus ankle circumference before/after a 20-min walk. When I ran a soft-tissue protocol, those functional numbers moved way before any labs did. Did you capture anything objective besides pain, like heel-rise endurance or morning stiffness duration? If ROM is up but CRP is flat, I’d trust the trend in function over one blood draw.
Systemic markers often don’t track local tendon pain. The useful variable might be load, not CRP. Did you keep a pre/post load diary—same heel-drop volume, or were you progressing calf raises as pain dropped? I logged morning first-step pain plus weekly single-leg calf-raise reps; my hs-CRP sat at 1.6 the whole time while function climbed. If your training load went up alongside the protocol, the ROM gain may be remodeling from loading, not the injections. Worth separating those before chasing more labs.
I’m in the same boat with a GLP-1 plateau, so I feel you on wanting a lab number to validate the grind. What I started tracking instead: weekly single-leg calf-raise reps to form failure, morning HRV, and how many flights of stairs before I feel it. CRP never moved for me either, but my calf endurance went 12→28 over 6 weeks and HRV crept up. Did you keep a rehab-load log alongside the before/after labs? If your physio bumped load while you were on the peptides, that could explain the ROM gain even with flat markers. Not a lab guy, just a data nerd.
Systemic markers are the wrong instrument for a focal Achilles issue. hs-CRP/ESR track systemic inflammation, not local tendon remodeling or mechanonociceptive pain. Flat labs with better heel-drop pain is unsurprising unless there was a true inflammatory driver. Sharper question: did your loading change during those 8 weeks—tempo, volume, footwear, surface? If rehab progressed alongside the injections, it’s a confounded n=1. What I track for tendon stuff is single-leg heel-raise reps to fatigue, 24h post-load pain, and morning stiffness. That curve tells me more than
not surprised crp didn’t budge, that’s a whole-body marker and an achilles is a tiny local dumpster fire. i’d be more curious if you tracked function load-wise: heel-drop reps to failure, single-leg balance time eyes closed, or video at same angle weekly. i started filming my calf raise top position after late night gaming sessions vs after 8h sleep, and the smoothness difference was way more obvious than any lab. did your rom hold on bad-sleep weeks, or only when you were consistent?
Not a lab guy, mostly because my budget is 60% rice and 40% hope. But I did notice my hs-CRP bounced around more with sleep debt and a heavy calf session than with anything else. The week I tracked it after two 4-hour nights and a stair workout, it was higher; after a chill week with canned tuna/chickpeas it was lower. Did you log training load or sleep in the 48h before each draw? Feels like the functional stuff (heel drops, stairs) is the louder signal here.
I’m a spreadsheet nerd for tendon stuff: daily first-step stiffness 0–10, wall-test ankle dorsiflexion, and single-leg heel raises to form failure. My hs-CRP/ESR have been boringly flat through every tendinopathy flare, so I stopped expecting them to track local healing. Curious whether you compared the other side or did any load-capacity test—pain-free hop, calf endurance—rather than just pain score? In the trials I’ve read, local tissue tolerance can shift well before systemic inflammation markers. Also, did you keep a weekly function log? That’s the part I’d want to see if you’re deciding whether
I’ve got 14 months of weekly hs-CRP in my sheet. Mine swings 1.8–2.4 with zero changes, so a 2.1→2.0 is basically assay noise on my trendline. What I’d want is 3–4 pre-intervention baselines, not just one before/after, to know if 2.1 was already your set point. Did you log any local swelling or morning stiffness scores alongside heel-drop pain? Those might track the functional gain better than systemic markers.
Honestly, did you keep a training-load log? That’s the confounder I’d want to rule out first. If your calf-raise volume or progression also climbed, some of the ROM/pain change could be plain rehab adaptation. In the trials, the tendon data is mostly local remodeling, so I’ve stopped expecting systemic markers to mirror a focal Achilles issue. I track pain-free single-leg heel-raise reps and session RPE instead; those moved over weeks. If your load was roughly constant, that’s a cleaner n=1. If not, hard to separate. Did you get any baseline ultrasound/Doppler to compare? Tendon thickness/neovascularity would be the local thing I’d nerd out on.
Login to reply to this thread.
Login / Sign up