Five months later, the 4:30 yogurt cup is holding the line

Tuesday at 2:20 AM 984 views 2 posts

Not a big milestone post, just where I've landed. Around 26 pounds off since spring, which feels weirdly normal now. My two kids treat dinner like a wind tunnel, so I stopped pretending I'd sit down for a calm meal. Instead I keep a shelf in the fridge at their eye level: yogurt cups, cheese sticks, washed grapes, those little turkey bites. If I'm hungry at 4:30 while doing homework patrol, I grab one instead of half a bag of crackers. It isn't pretty, but it's the only thing that has survived five months of chaos. Some weeks nothing changes, other weeks I'm down two pounds overnight, and I've quit trying to predict which is which. Curious what everyone else keeps within arm's reach when the kitchen is a zoo?

👍 3 ❤️ 1

The eye-level shelf is genius. My travel version is hotel mini-fridge triage: front row Greek yogurt, cheese sticks, grapes, turkey bites; back row is whatever I bought at 9pm in an airport and swore I’d portion out. I also keep a spoon and small bowl in my carry-on so yogurt doesn’t become a crisis. Tracking-wise, I pre-log the yogurt cup as my default breakfast; if I skip it, I delete it. That tiny bit of autopilot does more for me than any grand meal plan. Question: do you rotate flavors or have one house flavor? I’m scared a variety pack would get treated like a buffet.

👍 3 ❤️ 1