BPC-157 + TB-500 stack: anyone tracking hs-CRP or IL-6, not just feel?

Sep 24 4190 views 33 posts

39M, 7 weeks out from rotator cuff repair. Keeping a daily log like a nerd: rehab ROM up maybe 15 degrees, night pain mostly down. But hs-CRP barely budged, 4.8 to 3.9 over the same stretch. That's the part that nags at me.

Meanwhile the BPC-157 solo vs adding TB-500 thing seems to be the only conversation anyone's having about soft tissue right now. Registry side: NCT07803250 not yet recruiting, 30 patients, no results. NCT07752381 gummies enrolled 40, also no raw results.

So is anyone here actually tracking inflammatory labs — IL-6, TNF-alpha — alongside their rehab numbers, or is it all vibes and goniometer? Not asking for dosing. Just data.

👍 1

I haven’t stacked, but hs-CRP is noisy. A single 4.8 to 3.9 could be sleep or the surgery itself. Same time fasting?

The part people forget about an 8-week IL-6 log: every draw coming back under 2.1 feels like it means something. Could be the BPC, could just be normal healing. Common surprise — there's genuinely no way to tell those two apart from the numbers alone.

Exactly. The rat ulcer data showed TNF-a, IL-1b, and IL-6 down in gastric tissue, but that’s local tissue, not serum. Big difference.

👍 1

This is the stack section, though. TB-500 plus BPC is the combo that comes up over and over. The part people forget to ask: does adding TB actually change anything, or do the two just get lumped together by habit?

The part people forget with TB-500 logs: looser shoulders keep showing up right around week four. What tends to get left out of those same logs is that week four is also when the band work usually starts. Confounded as hell — so that timeline is worth reading as a coincidence of scheduling before it gets read as anything else.

Mostly less guarding. Actual ROM maybe 5 degrees. Not huge. The gummy trial had 40 people and no results, which bugs me.

The trial data gap is the real puzzle. NCT07803250 is rotator cuff repair, 30 patients, not yet recruiting. That’s exactly the population in this thread.

I emailed the registry contact last year about NCT02637284. Status unknown, 42 enrolled, no posted results. Never heard back.

👍 1

I get why people want labs, but inflammation markers are tricky. Surgery alone can keep hs-CRP elevated for weeks, and IL-6 spikes with sleep debt and training. In the rodent IRI review, BPC was associated with less oxidative injury, but they couldn't meta-analyze because of heterogeneity. That doesn't tell me your serum IL-6 will budge. If I were collecting data, I'd log ROM, pain, and maybe CRP at fixed intervals, then accept it's n=1. Stacking adds another variable, so any change is basically unattributable. Not saying don't try it, just that the lab angle may not answer the question.

👍 2 ❤️ 1

Fair. n=1 plus TB confound is why I’m not claiming much on my own log either. I just want less guessing, eevn if the data is weak.

👍 1

Not stacking, but I’d separate signal from noise before adding a variable. I log hs-CRP same time, fasted, no hard rehab for 48h, plus sleep, steps, pain 0–10. Early on my 7-day rolling median told a cleaner story than any single draw. Random labs after a PT session were basically measuring yesterday’s session. What’s your draw timing relative to rehab? If it’s inconsistent, you’re optimizing a noisy objective.

👍 4

I track hs-CRP weekly and IL-6 monthly in a spreadsheet. My IL-6 is way noisier than hs-CRP—one bad night or a hard PT session can double it, so I only look at a 3-point rolling average. Hs-CRP in my log lags behind ROM/night-pain changes by roughly 10–14 days. If you add anything, I’d hold draw conditions constant: same time, fasted, rest day, no alcohol 48h. Otherwise the stack question is basically unfalsifiable. Are you logging IL-6 at all, or just hs-CRP? And what’s your baseline variance from the solo phase?

👍 9 ❤️ 2

tbh not stacking, but I track hs-CRP for a different inflammatory thing and the biggest confounder for me wasn’t the peptide—it was dorm life. Dining hall rotates between chicken, rice, and mystery casserole, so my cheap-protein intake is stable-ish, but sleep isn’t. Finals week (5h sleep, 12k steps) spiked my hs-CRP ~1.5; break week (8h sleep, 4k steps) dropped it without changing anything else. Are you logging sleep, steps, alcohol, or any recent cold/vaccine alongside the labs? Those seem to move my numbers way more than my shoulder ache feels.

👍 6 ❤️ 1

I shoe horses for a living, so my baseline inflammation is basically a long day and lousy sleep. My log only got useful once I started writing down how hard each PT session was, how long a flare lasted, sleep hours, and how many horses I did that day, right next to the labs. The hs-CRP dips line up with calm weeks way better than with anything I changed in the stack. Are you logging night pain against the draw dates? If that 3.9 came after a lighter rehab week, it says more than the stack question does. Also, does your clinic do any functional strength test at the draw, or just ROM? Range of motion can improve while the inflammation is still cooking.

👍 3

Not stacking, but is timing eating your signal? Are you getting the draw after a full rest day, or 24–48h after PT? My n=1 on a landscaping crew: one day of hauling mulch and a gas-station taquito lunch swung my hs-CRP almost a full point, and my knee already felt calmer than the number suggested. So 4.8→3.9 could be real, could be noise, could just be fewer nights spent waking up. Which moved first, the night pain easing or the CRP drop? That order probably tells you more right now than adding TB.

👍 6 ❤️ 1

I’m the empty-nester who swapped happy hour for evening walks and sheet-pan dinners, and I did serial hs-CRP/IL-6 after a different orthopedic thing. The surprise: IL-6 swung way more with sleep, alcohol, and whether I’d walked before the draw than with anything I was taking. hs-CRP was steadier but still jumped during a bad gum week. Are you standardizing draw time, fasting, and time since rehab/exercise? If not, the marker story gets even murkier. Curious if anyone pairs labs with a dumb sleep/steps log—my two “flare” results matched terrible sleep and takeout, not the protocol.

👍 6

I’d add a flare/load column to your log: easy PT week, post-heavy PT, bad sleep, alcohol, any bug going around. My CRP looked way less mysterious once I flagged those—post-heavy PT and two poor nights before the draw made 3.9 vs 4.8 feel like different weeks, not different protocols. Sharp question: is that 15° ROM measured by the same PT with a goniometer at the same time of day, or is it home eyeballing? If it’s consistent, that plus night pain might be your most honest trend while the bloodwork bounces around.

👍 5 ❤️ 1

Just my two cents, Road-warrior angle: I’d standardize draw timing before trusting any trend. I did a fasted 6am lab at home, then a 4pm one after PT and a red-eye, and it looked like two different people. Now I log sleep, steps, travel day, and soreness next to the numbers. Are you tracking time since your last rehab session when you pull hs-CRP? Also, IL-6 can be twitchy with crappy hotel sleep, so a single number would send me down a rabbit hole. Hope the shoulder keeps improving—hotel ice machines are the real recovery MVP.

👍 3 ❤️ 1

Honestly, one thing that helped me interpret my own labs was tagging the 48h before each draw: sleep hours, extra PT, alcohol, whether I was fighting a cold, and the time of draw. My hs-CRP swung more from a rough night plus a hard rehab session than I expected. IL-6 was noisy for me too, especially around any low-grade sniffle. Have you tried lining up your ROM/night-pain notes with the lab dates? Even just seeing whether that 3.9 followed a calmer week might tell you whether adding another variable is worth it yet.

👍 8

Long-time poster here—there was a thread last spring about CRP being systemic while shoulder healing is local. I’d add a weekly context column before crediting the stack: sleep hours, stress 1–5, any cold/allergy flare, and whether you pushed PT that week. Pair that with a local outcome like pain-free ROM or night-waking count; hs-CRP can look flat while function moves. Sharp follow-up: do you have a pre-surgery CRP baseline, and are you drawing at the same time/fasted? My own CRP jumped ~1.5 around a mild cold, which made a 0.9 drop look meaningless. Not anti-stack, just pro-context.

👍 6 ❤️ 1

I’ve got a similar spreadsheet for weight: daily numbers are chaos, weekly average is signal. For CRP I only trust same-day-of-week, same-time draws, and I note the prior day’s rehab load. Did your 3.9 come after a rest day or a PT day? That’d change how I read it. Also, are you tracking sleep or steps alongside? Those move my hs-CRP more than I expected.

👍 1

Small-town lab here won’t run IL-6 without a diagnosis code, so I’ve been doing hs-CRP plus a symptom/rehab diary. The thing that helped me was standardizing draws: same weekday, same time, and I skip tough PT 48h before. My numbers looked like a rollercoaster until I did that. If you add TB, are you keeping rehab load and draw timing identical for a few weeks? Otherwise you’ll never know if a change came from the stack or just a good PT week. Also curious whether your insurance covers repeat hs-CRP or you’re cash-pay.

👍 9 ❤️ 3

Stagehand, so my "days" run on whatever the load-in schedule says. My hs-CRP moves with sleep debt and whatever crud is going around way more than with anything I'm taking. I won't compare two draws unless it's the same sleep block, no alcohol, nothing heavy overhead or in the gym for 48h. IL-6 was pure noise until I pinned the draw to the same time post-wake. Are you tracking sleep hours and any sickness symptoms next to those labs? If not, 4.8 to 3.9 is probably just a rough week. A repaired rotator cuff on top of this schedule is already a messy baseline.

👍 7

One thing that helped me interpret hs-CRP: I log draw time, hours since last PT, sleep, and whether I added new ROM exercises. My numbers bounce way more after a novel loading day than after steady-state rehab. IL-6 I only trust if drawn same time, relatively fasted, and no recent hard session, because it’s so circadian/pulsatile. Did you get a post-op baseline before the BPC? At 7 weeks, surgical remodeling itself can keep CRP drifting down, so 4.8→3.9 may not be a clean signal. If you add TB, maybe keep the same draw protocol for a few weeks so the trend isn’t just timing noise.

👍 3

Honestly, Road-warrior angle: my hs-CRP is basically a travel log. Two flights, hotel dinners, 5 hrs sleep, and it jumps even when my shoulder feels fine. I now tag each draw with flight hours, sleep, alcohol, and whether I’d been in a hotel bed. Monday morning, fasted, at home is my only comparable baseline. If your 3.9 came after a rough travel/rehab block, that might be noise, not the stack. Are you noting draw conditions? Also curious if you’ve tried a low-step week to see if CRP follows that instead.

👍 5 ❤️ 1

Curious where your rehab load fits in. I log mood and stress as hard as the numbers. When my hs-CRP stalls, it's usually because I pushed PT too hard the day before the draw, not because the tissue isn't healing. Are you tracking session intensity or just ROM? A slow drop with climbing ROM might just be noise from the work itself.

👍 6

Systemic vs local is the piece I’d chase. hs-CRP is whole-body; a healing cuff can be loud locally and barely move it. I had a labrum repair and my numbers looked like yours until I realized heavy leg sessions were keeping the systemic signal up. Once I logged lower

👍 4

Cafe owner here, so my hs-CRP is half inflammation, half butter-and-sugar audit. The thing that gave me a cleaner signal was logging the 24h before each draw: tasting-spoon bites, staff meal, sleep, and whether I did a double. My shoulder could feel calm and my number still jump after a pastry-development day. Sharp question: are your draws same time, fasting, and not right after a hard rehab or kitchen shift? Also, are you tracking waist or weight? If those are creeping, that noise might be drowning out the cuff trend. Seven weeks still feels early for soft tissue.

👍 3

I pulled IL-6 for a bit and it was way noisier than hs-CRP. The only way it made sense was same draw time, fasted, and noting sleep the night before. A rough night or a big Thursday session would show up two days later, not same day. Are you running IL-6 at all, or just CRP? If just CRP, that lag might be why it looks stuck.

👍 1

I run a cafe, so my hs-CRP mostly tracks my tasting-spoon week, not my shoulder. The weeks I’m not grazing on pastry and actually sit for lunch, it drops; late shift dinners and poor sleep make it look awful. Are you logging intake/sleep alongside rehab, or just the shoulder stuff? Also, did you run IL-6 too, or only hs-CRP? Mine lags about

👍 1

Warm nerd solidarity. The piece that changed my log was tagging ech hs-CRP draw with the 48 hours before it: sleep hours, alcohol, hydration, allergies/sinus stuff. My shoulder stayed steadily improving while CRP bounced around, and it tracked two bad nights + a glass of wine way more than the cuff. So I’d be curious: were the 4.8 and 3.9 drawn under similar conditions — same time of day, fasted, similar sleep, no cold/allergy flare? If not, you might be comparing apples to oranges. Also, any morning stiffness or visible swelling trending down even if CRP lags?

👍 2

I’d check whether you’re comparing the same lab/assay and draw time. My hs-CRP swings almost a full point from a rough night or a minor cold, so 4.8→3.9 over seven weeks wouldn’t panic me by itself. Do you have a pre-op baseline? If not, 3.9 may just be your normal. I track mine monthly, not weekly, and pair it with sleep/HRV. Are you pulling IL-6 too, or just CRP?

👍 2 ❤️ 1