Tracking BPC-157 trial numbers while stacking TB-500 — anyone else puzzled?

Aug 21 4836 views 25 posts

Been digging through BPC-157 plus TB-500 stack logs for about six weeks now, mostly out of curiosity, and there's one wall everyone keeps hitting: ClinicalTrials.gov lists BPC-157 trials with 40, 42, 30, and 120 enrolled, and posted results are basically nowhere. NCT07752381 shows completed with nothing attached. Meanwhile the Bacillus licheniformis expression paper optimized 2% inoculum, 40 g/L soybean peptone, 80 g/L glucose and got ~3-fold reporter expression. How is anyone squaring bench data with zero human PK? And what markers are actually worth tracking in a stack — labs, sleep, training load, whatever?

The 40 and 42 trials are old and status unknown. The rotator cuff one isnt recruiting yet. No mystery there.

Threefold repotrer expression in a flask means little for humans.

Agreed, but it at least gives a reproducible bench reference. The 120-enrolled trial is the one I want unblinded.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet of NCT numbers. NCT02637284 shows unknown status with 42 enrolled, NCT07803250 says not yet recruiting at 30, and the 120 one has no posted outcome either. That pattern makes me think registry lag is only part of it. Could be no publishable primary endpoint, could be sponsor never updated. But if you're stacking, tracking CRP, sleep, and range-of-motion is more useful than waiting on a phantom data drop. I dont think thats a conspiracy, just messy research. The Bacillus expression paper is neat, but it doesnt tell me what human exposure does.

CRP and sleep are fine, but range-of-motion depends on the person. I'd add grip strength if shoulders are involved.

Grip strength varies too much day to day for me.

Same, but I log it weekly. The 75.3% rat ulcer figure gets quoted way too hard for human guesses.

👍 1

That rat figure is exactly why I asked. Animal ulcer inhibition doesn't map cleanly to recovery stacking, and the trial registry gives us enrollments but no outcome tables. I'd rather see the ammonium sulfate 50/60% purification details reproduced than another anecdote. If someone has a public data question, maybe email the registry contact? I've done that once and got no reply.

I deleted my ClinicalTrials.gov bookmark around week tree because my own log was giving me better info: daily weight, Sunday waist at the navel, sleep hours, and a 1–10 ache

Not sure if this helps, I’m tracking similar things but added sleep, steps, protein, and flare days. My six-week plateau lined up almost perfectly with a work crunh — 5–6 hours sleep and steps falling from 9k to 4k — while I was blaming the stack. The registry dead ends still bug me, though. Has anyone tried chasing trial results through conference abstracts or university theses instead of ClinicalTrials.gov? I found one old poster that way, but no posted outcomes. Feels like we’re all reading tea leaves.

👍 8 ❤️ 1

I stopped treating ClinicalTrials as a scoreboard. For small early-phase stuff, results posting is patchy at best; sponsor moves on, page goes stale. The useful filter is primary endpoint + interventional vs observational. If the 120-person listing is observational, comparing it to a preclinical number is apples to tax forms. What are those NCTs actually measuring—safety labs, imaging, or patient-reported function? That determines whether a blank results tab tells us anything.

👍 3 ❤️ 1

I went a different route and poked the EU CTR and WHO ICTRP for the same protocol titles—sometimes a small trial pops up under a different sponsor name. NCT07752381 being completed with nothing posted made me wonder if it’s a private-clinic sponsor thing. Has anyone tried emailing the listed contact? Our litle pharmacy can’t even order this stuff, and insurance is a nonstarter, so I’m just tracking sleep and grip strength instead of a symptom diary. Travel weeks are my only consistent flare. Anyone else notice that?

👍 2

one thing that helped my own tracking: I started checking WHO ICTRP and the EU CTR, not just the US registry. Sponsor names get translated or abbreviated weirdly, so the same 30- and 40-person entries can look like separate ghosts. I kept a little paper log with dates and “completed” status, and still no results posted—just a lot of radio silence. Did yours ever update after the one-year results deadline, or is it still quiet? My local pharmacy

👍 4 ❤️ 1

The ClinicalTrials.gov dead ends would bother me more if my own log weren’t so noisy. I added a 0–10 morning stiffness score before coffee, plus a 3-day rolling average, and week 4 looked like a miracle until I noticed I’d also started 20-minute after-dinner walks. Now I log steps and sleep alongside it, and the “good” days track more with consistent sleep than anything else. Anyone else using a non-scale marker like stair-climb time or grip strength? I’m trying to find one that doesn’t lie to me.

👍 8 ❤️ 1

What fields are you logging? I added columns for registry last-update date and results-first-posted date; enrollment vs. posted results has basically no trend in my sheet. A lot of these are small academic registrations, not FDA-regulated drug trials, so the results-posting requirement isn’t the same lever. That’s my Occam’s razor for the void—less exciting than the rat figure, but it fits. Are you tracking last-update dates or just enrollment numbers? If it’s only enrollment, you’re trendlining noise.

👍 4

I went down the same rabbit hole and found some of those tiny trials only surface as conference posters or thesis chapters, not under Results. Have you tried searching the PI’s name + the compound on Google Scholar or the EU CTR? That’s where I found one old writeup, though it still didn’t answer the stack question. On my end I’m tracking a 0–10 stairs-stiffness score and sleep latency instead of expecting my n=1 to mirror enrollment numbers. Did your list include any with a posted protocol, or just the enrollment shell?

👍 3 ❤️ 1

I’m in maintenance now, and the only tracking that ever stuck for me was a three-line daily note: sleep, steps, and whether my knees complained on stairs. Boring, but monthly trends actually show up. Six weeks of stack notes would still look like noise to me. Sharp follow-up: are you logging anything objective besides how you feel—resting HR, grip strength, flights climbed before stopping? That’s what turned my own log from a spreadsheet of hope into something I could compare month to month.

👍 5 ❤️ 3

i ended up adding two dumb columns to my log: hours slept and hrs in ranked before i rate my wrist/elbow. turns out my 0-10 “flair” score tracks sleep debt way harder than anything else. also started tagging soda swap days (zero vs regular) just to see if caffeine/foam bloat skews how i feel. have you checked whether that NCT is on EU CTIS or WHO ICTRP? sometimes results show there first. curious if anyone else logs screen time as a confounder instead of just the stack.

👍 4 ❤️ 2

I’ve been pulling the registry JSON for the completed one you mentioned and a few others: all show results = "No Results Posted," but two have a "Last Update Posted" date months after completion, which usually means admin cleanup, not data. What I’d love to know: does anyone track the "Results First Submitted" field? That’s the only leading indicator I’ve found. My own log columns are date, sleep, soreness (1–5), and whether I actually remembered to log — the last one explains more variance than anything. Also, the enrollment numbers look like planned/actual mixed, so comparing them is apples/oranges unless you check study type.

👍 3

Random thought: I stopped treating ClinicalTrials.gov as the final scoreboard and started checking the sponsor’s own site plus NIH RePORTER for linked grants. A lot of those small trials seem to surface as a conference poster or thesis chapter way before any CT.gov result. Weirdly, my own weekly log has been more reassuring: sleep, steps, and morning pain are color-coded, and my only real win so far is stringing together five days of 7+ hours. Did you track any non-scale habit alongside your stack, or is it purely symptom notes? Curious if consistency changed what you noticed.

👍 2 ❤️ 1

Tbh I’ve had more luck chasing these by investigator/sponsor than by compound name. A lot of the older BPC-157 work shows up in PubMed as “pentadecapeptide BPC 157” or PL 14736, and some NCTs look like early-phase studies that don’t trigger results posting under FDAAA. Do you know if the 40/42/30 ones were Phase 1 or healthy-volunteer studies? If so, empty ClinicalTrials pages may just be normal. Also worth checking whether the 120-enrollee one has a linked publication under a different acronym. My own tracker got less noisy once I separated “no results posted” from “no data exists anywhere.”

👍 4 ❤️ 1

I pulled the FDAAA results-reporting rules for those NCTs. If a trial isn’t an applicable drug/device study or the sponsor isn’t covered, there’s zero obligation to post results, so “completed, no results” is expected, not suspicious. What I do track is downstream: PubMed author searches, ortho/sports-med conference abstracts, and whether the enrollment n matches. Often you find a poster with the same PI and n=40 but no registry link. Has anyone cross-checked ICTRP or the EU CTR for duplicate registrations? Sometimes the summary CT.gov buries is sitting there.

👍 6 ❤️ 1

Honestly, i’ve been weirdly obsessed with this too. One thing that helpd me was tracking habits separately from outcomes: sleep hours, step count, protein at breakfast, and a simple 0–3 “morning stiffness” score. Looking back, my best recovery stretches lined up with 7+ hours sleep and consistent walking, not necessarily the weeks I changed anything else. Small win: four days of steady sleep and my stiffness score finally dipped. Are you logging any habit markers like that alongside the trial notes? Feels like the missing-results wall might look different if we compare baseline routines.

👍 1

i went down the same rabbit hole last weekend instead of sleeping. what finally helped was ignoring nct numbers and searching who actually ran them. half the protocol pdfs i found list primary outcomes like "pain" with no time window, so even a posted result wouldn't tell you much. also a few sponsors are non-us and never had to post anything. have you tried the eu ctr or who ictrp for the same peptide? i found one actual summary table there for a different trial, not bpc though. still basically nothing.

👍 1