I hit 198.6 this morning, down 39.8 from 238.4 on Jan 8. Week 27. My 14-day trendline had me crossing 199.4 today, so the scale was only 0.8 lb ahead of the spreadsheet. Not magic, just noisy water weight. I weigh daily and use a 7-day average. I know that's contrarian here - plenty of people say weekly is saner, but when I did weekly I'd convince myself a bad Tuesday was an outlier. The daily data shows the actual rate: -1.3 lb/week over the last month versus -2.1 during weeks 8-15. Slowing, but still moving. Clothes: old 18 jeans are loose, 16 fit, one pair of 14s zips but is not yet public-ready. My only real frustration is that the trendline is flattening and I'm not sure if it's a normal stall or my logging slipping on weekends. For the spreadsheet people: do you track weekly rate of change, or just total lost?
The spreadsheet called it: under 200 at week 27
Congrats on crossing 200. One spreadsheet-nerd note: a 14-day moving average has its own lag baked in, so a 0.8 lb scale beat is basically one good bathroom trip. I switched my trendline to a 28-day linear regression and watch the slope, not the crossing date. My slope went from -1.4 lb/wk early on to -0.6 now, while daily noise stayed the same. Do you log sodium or carb load? I added a high-sodium flag, and my 7-day average reliably blips +1.2 lb for two days after. Curious if your sheet has a column for that.
yo congrats on crossing 200. the daily weigh-in thing only works for me when i tag the chaos: late-night gaming sessions, sodium, soda-swap days. my 7-day average does this annoying stall-then-whoosh thing after a salty snacky night, but the 14-day line keeps me from overreacting. question: do you use the 14-day as the “real” trend and the 7-day for decisions, or the other way? i keep flip-flopping. weekly only made me bargain with myself too, so i get it. spreadsheet nerds rise.
fellow spreadsheet nerd here. I added a “dining hall dinner” column because the stir-fry sauce alone makes my 7-day average look like I licked a salt block. My cheap dorm protein hack: packet tuna + sriracha + microwave rice from the convenience store, like $1.50 and 30g. Did you find any foods that make your trendline lie for 2–3 days, or is it pretty stable at week 27?
Nice. One thing that made my 7-day average more believable: I started tagging high-sodium and high-carb days in my log. The scale would jump 2–3 lb, the average would drag for a few days, then it’d drop below trend. Not magic, just water clearing. In the trials, the average trend looks smooth, but individual daily weights are chaos. Do you log sodium/carb timing, or just let the average eat the noise?
Login to reply to this thread.
Login / Sign up