Under 160 after nine months of night shifts

Monday at 4:30 PM 737 views 2 posts

I work nights. 7p-7a. Three on, four off. My old move was a gas station sandwich at 3am and a soda around 5am. Cut that first, not everything. Kept protein boring: eggs, tuna, Greek yogurt. Ate at 10pm and 4am, not all shift. Scale said 159.8 this morning. Not dramatic. Down 1.3 lbs over three weeks. I do not feel transformed. I feel less puffy, sleep better, and my 4am brain is not screaming for sugar. The number is just a receipt. Anyone else do better when you stop eating in the last two hours of shift?

👍 6 ❤️ 2

The 10pm/4am two-anchor thing is smart. When I did overnights, grazing the whole shift was my downfall—every vending machine was a personality. What helped me was packing a “shift box” with set stuff: two boiled eggs, tuna packet, baby carrots, and a weird amount of sugar-free jello. Ate it at 2am, nothing after 4 besides water/coffee. Also, cheap dorm protein: cottage cheese + salsa + hot sauce, or microwave egg whites in a mug. Tastes like a sad soufflé but costs like 80 cents. Are you finding the 4am meal helps you sleep after, or does it just sit there?

👍 2