What I kept from the version of me at 421

Today at 9:52 PM 26 views 1 post

I went under 200 a while back — hovering around 193 now, down from 421. The part I didn’t expect wasn’t the scale drop; it was how much of my old mental checklist stayed. I still scan a restaurant for the booth with the most room, still clock the exits, still do the quick stair math before agreeing to anything. Three years in this forum, and I remember an old thread about what your body forgets. Mine forgot a lot of the shame. It kept the vigilance. I log most days, walk after dinner, and keep a protein shake in my work bag, but the loudest change is that I’m not negotiating with every meal anymore. Which old survival habit are you glad stuck around, and which one are you trying to unlearn?

👍 1