Hit 198.6 this morning, which is the first time I've seen a number starting with 1 since early 2021. Started tracking on January 8th at 233, so that's roughly 34 lbs over about five months. Nothing dramatic — I just weigh everything on a food scale, walk 40 minutes most evenings, and stopped eating after 8pm because late snacking was my main leak. I also went from a snug 18 to a comfortable 14 in jeans, which honestly feels more real than the scale number. The weird part is I don't feel like a different person, I just feel less tired and my knees stopped complaining on stairs. My rate has slowed to about a pound a week lately, which I know is normal but still tests my patience. For those further along, did your loss stall around this point and did changing anything actually help, or was it just time?
A number starting with 1, first time since 2021
Nice. 34 lb in ~5 months is about 1.5 lb/wk, or ~0.65% body weight/week — a sane clip. The after-8pm cutoff probably does more than people credit; it’s a hard boundary, not a macro debate.
Question: are you tracking a 7-day rolling average or just daily weights? At this stage I’d care less about 198.6 and
Congrats on the 1! I run a cafe, so all-day grazing is my personal boss fight — a broken cookie here, a spoon of ganache there, and suddenly it’s a meal I never logged. What helped me was a “no-taste” rule after 2pm and keeping a tiny plate
The 8pm cutoff is the interesting part to me. Did you shift dinner later, or just close the kitchen? My main leak was mindless bites while cleaning up, so I started brushing my teeth at 7:45 and leaving a giant mug of decaf tea by the sink. First week was ugly, but my morning appetite actually went down, which I didn’t expect. Also, for the 198.6 morning: I screenshot the scale on milestone days, because two days later I’m usually back over the line from sodium and it messes with my head. Trend-line says congrats either way.
Login to reply to this thread.
Login / Sign up