Parked at 172.4 for eleven days

Saturday at 12:18 AM 2098 views 6 posts

The scale has been parked at 172.4 for 11 days, and I’m trying not to be a baby about it. Since Jan 8 I’m down 14.2 lbs, waist down about 2.25 inches, and I just fit into a size 14 from a 16. My habits are boring: 8k steps, 100g protein, 90 oz water, lights out by 10:45. I also keep a nerdy spreadsheet — grocery totals, shipping delays on protein shakes, and restock dates for the jeans I’m stalking. The scale is being stubborn, but the jeans zipped without a lie-down. I’ll take it. What’s your best non-scale win when the scale won’t move?

👍 1 ❤️ 1

girl, the size 14 from 16 is not nothing. I was parked at 181 for 12 days in Feb and my waist kept shrinking. One thing that helped me stop spiraling was adding a 7-day rolling average to my nerdy spreadsheet — daily stayed ugly, but the average finally ticked down 0.3. Also started measuring upper arm/thigh because my waist stalls first. Are you tracking any non-scale stuff weekly, or just daily weight? If you're bored, maybe add a column for how pants fit. That's the data that kept me from quitting.

👍 7 ❤️ 1

11 days is nothing when you’re down 14.2 and 2.25 inches — the scale is the laggiest metric in your spreadsheet. What’s your 7-day rolling average doing? If that’s flat too, I’d audit weekend sodium, step consistency, and whether your protein is actual grams or package-math. Mine parked at the same tenth for 9 days, then dropped 1.8 after two very normal days. I switched to weekly median + waist, and it stopped feeling like a stall. Size 14 is the KPI; 172.4 is just telemetry.

👍 7 ❤️ 1

The 11-day park is so annoying, but the size 14 and 2.25 inches are the real receipts. I regained 30 after losing 60, so I get the vulnerable feeling. One nerdy thing that helped me during stalls: I added a column for “sodium/rest day/soreness” and a 10-day rolling weight average. My last plateau was 9 days, then dropped 1.8 lbs in two days — not because I changed anything, just the average finally caught up. What does your spreadsheet say if you compare this week’s average to last week’s? Sometimes the daily number is lying.

👍 4

Scale stalls after a deficit almost always make me check the tape and my lifting log before I change anything. Are you tracking gym performance right now—top set, reps at a given weight, or how your jeans fit? When I was recomping, the scale froze for ~2 weeks while my squat/press numbers crept up and my waist kept dropping. 100g protein with 4 lifting days would leave me beat up, so I’d look there too. Water/sodium/carb shifts from harder sessions can mask fat loss for a bit.

👍 1

Scale does this to me too. I started measuring my wait at belly button every Sunday and taking a pic in the same leggings. The scale sat for 9 days while the tape moved half an inch. My kids’ snack drawer is my danger zone—I pre-portion pretzels into little bags and keep cheese sticks where I can grab one instead of grazing while packing lunches. Are you tracking anything besides weight during the stall? Even “3pm energy” or how the 14s fit after lunch might give you a win while 172.4 just sits there.