Anyone else tracking Week 72 labs against NCT04184622?

Aug 26 6236 views 39 posts

I'm 72 weeks into my own tracking and finally read the NCT04184622 design closely: 2539 participants, placebo vs tirzepatide 5 mg, 10 mg, and 15 mg, primary period Week 0-Week 72. The raw data I found has no outcome numbers, which surprised me. So I'm curious how others here track beyond scale weight-waist, fasting glucose, lipids? I keep a simple spreadsheet, but I'm not sure it's signal or noise. What has actually been useful for you over a long run like 72 weeks?

I track waist and fasting glucose. Scale stalled; waist didn't.

Waist moving while scale stalls is why I kept my spreadsheet going.

👍 1

Common surprise when people start comparing trials: the lab schedule. Case in point, NCT06897475 — LY3457263 vs placebo in T2D, and it's specifically for people already on stable semaglutide or tirzepatide. 200 participants, still recruiting. The visit and draw schedule on that one is intense — a lot stacked up, which is the part that quietly eats your calendar.

Intense how? I looked at NCT07382024 for AF ablation, not yet recruiting, 200 people. No doses listed, so not useful for lab tracking.

Week 38 here and I ditched daily weigh-ins for Sunday waist at the navel plus one pair of old jeans as the real test. My spreadsheet is just weight and waist, while sleep and steps live in my phone. The jeans got loose before the scale moved. Curious whether your Week 72 labs are truly fasting or just drawn whenever you can get in?

👍 2 ❤️ 1

Scale stayed flat for 11 days, then whoosh after a salty weekend. Water weiht is a troll.

I tracked sleep and stress for 14 weeks and my waist moved more than my weight. The surprise was that my resting heart rate dropped 6 bpm before the scale budged at all. Weekends were the tell: Friday takeout added 2-3 lb by Monday and it was gone by Wednesday. What finally made the spreadsheet useful was switching from daily entries to weekly averages and tagging high-stress weeks instead of pretending they were normal. I kept my usual breakfast and added a 30-minute walk after dinner plus 2 liters of water before noon. If you're 72 weeks in, maybe keep waist plus one lab you actually care about and drop the rest for a month to see what tracks.

👍 1 ❤️ 1

Honestly, I'd push back on treating the trial design as the map for your own tracking. Your n=1 is the only dataset that changes your behavior. I track waist and a monthly photo in the same bathroom light, with fasting glucose every three months. That photo caught shoulder and back changes at week 52 when the scale was stuck. What made you kep the spreadsheet this long?

I'd add a monthly mirror photo in the same outfit; my spreadsheet missed shape changes completely.

One pair of jeans beat every column: I went down two belt notches before the tape agreed.

I dropped daily weigh-ins around week 16 because the noise made me nuts; a 4-week rolling average caught a 0.4 lb/week trend that single days hid. The surprise was my fasting glucose barely moved while my resting heart rate dropped 7 bpm over 3 months. Now I log waist and one jeans fit monthly, and that combo beats a giant spreadsheet.

Weekends were my blind spot: waist Sunday morning, same tape, before coffee, showed a half-inch jump after Friday takeout. I didn't count calories, just swapped takeout to every other Friday and added a 20-minute walk after dinner. The weird part: scale barely changed for six weeks while the tape kept creeping down 0.25 inch a month.

My resting heart rate ended up being the quietest signal — 74 in week 6, 63 by week 48, and it moves 3-4 bpm before the scale budges. Reversal though: my worst stretch, weeks 55-59, had nothing to do with food. It was a work deadline and five-hour sleep. Logging that made the spreadsheet finally make sense. Do you track sleep at all, or just the numbers you listed?

👍 1

Gently disagreeing — lipids and fasting glucose barely move quarter to quarter, so 72 weeks of them can look like flat noise even when things are working. What tracked for me was a stair test: 6 flights, same shoes, timed. Went from 3:10 to 1:55 by week 60. Cheaper than a lab draw and way more sensitive to whether I'm actually moving.

👍 1

Water weight wrecked me for months — one restaurant dinner showed +3 lbs by morning.

👍 1 ❤️ 1

The thing that finally made my spreadsheet readable was anchoring to one meal instead of one metric. Same weekday breakfast, and I only compare week-to-week trends. Boring part: my weight sat in a 2 lb band for 11 weeks, then dropped 5 in nine days with zero change in what I ate. That gap is why I stopped panicking at plateaus.

👍 2 ❤️ 1

Waist tape beat the scale for me: down 5 inches by week 68 while the scale sat flat for five straight weeks.

I added sleep hours to my sheet around week 40 and it was the first column that actually moved in tandem with my waist. Weeks under 6 hours, I'd hold 2-3 pounds of bloat and my resting heart rate jumped 4-5 bpm. Not causation, but it made the noise look a lot less random.

👍 1 ❤️ 1

Honestly I'd push back on needing more columns — one pair of jeans gave me more signal than a year of numbers. Bought a 16 at week 10, hit a 10 around week 55, and the weeks my waist stalled were exactly the weeks the jeans got looser anyway. Bodies remodel before the tape agrees.

👍 1

Weekends are where my spreadsheet goes to die — Friday to Monday I undo four days of good tracking.

👍 1 ❤️ 1

I stopped trusting my tracker around week 58 and bought a $4 tailor’s tape instead. My waist went 44 to 39.5 inches while the scale sat flat for nine weeks, then dropped six pounds in one week after a salty takeout night. I still log fasting glucose monthly, but the tape and how my jeans fit tell me more than any single number.

👍 1

Nine weeks behind you at week 63, and my “labs” spreadsheet turned out to be mostly a sleep-and-sodium tracker in disguise. I was logging fasting glucose, lipids, waist at the navel, and whether my 36-inch jeans felt awful every Sunday; weeks 20–44 the scale dropped 31 lb but my waist only moved 2 inches, then weeks 45–60 the scale stalled completely while I lost another 3 inches and went from getting winded on stairs to doing 8k steps after dinner. The surprise was that my best signal wasn’t the trial’s 72-week window at all — it was weekend sodium/alcohol and sleep under 6 hours, which showed up as 3–4 days of water weight every single time. I’d keep your spreadsheet but add a monthly photo and a “how do clothes feel” column instead of chasing every fasting lab; are you seeing your waist move in bursts too, or is it steady?

👍 4

Week 70 here, and my contrarian take is that my spreadsheet only became useful when I stopped treating it like a mini-lab and added a $6 sleep score plus how my wedding ring fits in the morning. I was convinced Friday takeout was blowing me up, but over four weeks my waist and ring tightness actually dropped 0.5 inch when I slept 7+ hours, even with the takeout; the real culprit was two 5-hour nights midweek, which made me hold about 2 lbs of water until Thursday. So I log same-time waist, ring fit, sleep hours, and whether I got a 20-minute walk after dinner, and I ignore any single Monday number. The surprise was that stress/sleep beat my food logging for explaining stalls, which feels backwards. Anyone else see water show up in their hands/ring before the scale?

👍 2

Honestly, if the raw data has no outcomes, your n=1 log might be the only useful dataset.

👍 6 ❤️ 1

Twins I nanny for are the reason I figured this out — not the meals, the cleanup. There's always a half-eaten sandwich or cold mac going in the trash and I'd eat it instead, two bites here, three there. So I started keeping a tally of just those, hash marks, not calories, and suddenly those weeks where my waist didn't move while the scale kept dropping made sense. Labs, I

👍 8 ❤️ 2

After a closing shift at the co-op deli, I check my ankles and rings before I even think about my waist. Salt and inflammation show up there first. I also keep a sticky note by the scale for “prep bites”—cheese ends, broken crackers, the half a cookie from the sample tray. Humbling. My fasting glucose and lipids only budge quarterly, so I’m asking: at week 72, did your waist or your glucose move first? And are you tracking sleep? My late closes seem to mess with morning numbers more than any one meal.

👍 4 ❤️ 1

I'm at week 66 and the only add-ons that stuck were a fixed 2-mile loop I time once a month (same pavement, same shoes—it catches more than my scale) and a resting heart rate screenshot from my watch. Cooking-wise I log which dinners actually get repeated, because that predicts my protein way better than any app did. Curious: did anyone line up their week-72 labs against a baseline drawn in the same season? Mine landed eight months apart and I keep wondering how much of the drift is just winter versus actual change.

👍 2

Week 68 here. Scale’s been stuck since a regain, so I added two dumb-simple columns: waist-to-height ratio and a “two-flight stair test” — how fast my heart rate comes down, plus whether I’m winded. Also a 1–5 hunger note before dinner and whether I needed an afternoon snack. Those moved before pounds did, which kept me from quitting. I still get fasting glucose/lipids at my annual, but the daily stuff is what I can control. Curious: has anyone tracked resting HR or sleep quality alongside waist? I’m trying to figure out if my stall is more stress/sleep than food.

👍 5

late-night gamer here, so my tracking is basically a soda-swap speedrun: one 20oz regular -> sparkling water + lime, then i log next-day sleep, resting HR, and whether i actually closed the game before 1am. not labs, but it caught a pattern my scale missed. on NCT04184622: did you check the Results tab/CSR pdf, not just the study record? sometimes outcome tables are buried there while the raw API looks empty. if nothing’s posted yet, that’s probably why you’re seeing no numbers.

👍 8 ❤️ 1

I do the same, but my non-scale columns are hs-CRP, ALT/AST, ferritin, and HbA1c. I align every draw to the trial’s nominal weeks so my x-axis isn’t calendar time. Contrarian finding: my hs-CRP fell ~40% by week 44 and then flatlined, while scale weight kept creeping down another 6 kg. Waist moved in between. So I now chart labs against waist:height ratio, not weight—scale is the noisiest column in my sheet. Did you pull the statistical analysis plan or just the registration page? Empty raw results may mean outcomes aren’t posted yet, not that nobody

👍 1

Tbh Hi all—brand-new, week one, and trying not to ask a million questions. OP, I hadn’t thought to read the trial design that closely; I mostly panicked about what to track. Besides scale, I’ve started a monthly waist-to-height measurement

👍 4 ❤️ 1

At week 65-ish I stopped treating labs as the dashboard. Now I track four proxies weekly: resting HR, 3-min step-test recovery, waist-to-height ratio, and a Sunday photo in the same light. Resting HR usually moves first—5–7 bpm before the scale admits anything. I also log “protein before 10 a.m.” as a binary. Sharp question: did your NCT extraction include adherence, or only body-composition endpoints? Because outcomes without adherence are just noise with a nice header. Curious if anyone else has a leading indicator that isn’t weight or bloodwork.

👍 3 ❤️ 1

Quick data-nerd question: was the “no outcome numbers” from the ClinicalTrials.gov results tab, or just the protocol/results-pending entry? I’ve seen trials only post between-group LS means later in a CSR or journal supplement, not the raw CT.gov table. For non-scale tracking, I added seated/standing BP and resting HR, plus a monthly 6-minute walk test on the same park loop. Crude, but it catches functional changes when the scale stalls. Has anyone compared Week 72 waist-to-height ratio against baseline rather than absolute inches?

👍 4

72 weeks of tracking is a huge win—congrats on sticking with it. I’m at week 58 and my non-scale dashboard is mostly functional: resting heart rate, sleep hours, waist-to-height ratio, and a monthly “walk-talk test” (can I walk uphill and chat without gasping?). I also take a progress photo in the same outfit. Labs are on a slower schedule with my clinician, so I don’t spiral over weekly numbers. Have you tried waist-to-height ratio? It surprised me more than raw waist. And welcome to the week-one newbie—small data still counts!

👍 4 ❤️ 2

I stopped weekly lipids; too much noise. Now I do fasting insulin, hs-CRP, ALT, ApoB q12 weeks, plus waist-to-height and morning BP/resting HR daily. The only early mover was ALT; ApoB lagged until weight loss plateaued. What’s your sampling interval? If you’re trying to line up with a Week 72 primary endpoint, I’d want one standardized fasting draw, same lab, same assay—not a rolling average.

👍 5

i gave up on chasing trial endpoints and started logging recovery markers instead: sleep latency, morning resting hr, and whether my post-dinner soda swap held. weirdly the hr thing moved before waist. for week72, did you notice any seasonal drift in your lipids/glucose? mine look worse in winter when i game later and eat later.

👍 3 ❤️ 1

I’m only around week 40, but with two kids I stopped expecting calm lab mornings. My snack-drawer basket is pre-portioned nuts, cheese sticks, and edamame pods; if I grab two, I put a dot on the pantry whiteboard. I also started a quarterly lab folder—fasting glucose, A1c, lipids—stapled to the grocery list so I actually glance at it. Sharp follow-up: for folks past a year, did lipids shift before fasting glucose, or the other way around? I’m trying to pick one number to watch when mornings are pure chaos.

👍 1

I’m around week 60 and quit chasing perfect lab timing. Instead I keep a “chaos log”: one line per week — kid dinner, my plate, snack-drawer inventory, sleep. Weirdly, my HDL and triglycerides shifted more than weight, and I only caught it by comparing same-season labs (school year vs summer). If you’re at 72 weeks, did you match your tracking windows to the trial’s 72-week endpoint, or just your own start date? I’m curious whether holiday/school chaos skews your numbers.