Every time I look at BPC-157 trials I hit a wall: NCT07752381 completed with n=40 and no raw results, NCT02637284 n=42 still unknown, and NCT07803250 n=30 rotator cuff not yet recruiting. Meanwhile people stack it with TB-500, GHK-Cu, whatever. I get that early data is thin, but if the human trials aren't reporting, how are you deciding what to stack it with? Are you tracking labs, recovery metrics, or just going off feel? I'm trying to separate signal from forum lore.
BPC-157 trial enrollment numbers vs stacking anecdotes — what am I missing?
The gummy trial completed with n=40 and no raw results is weird. Registry just says completed.
NCT02637284 n=42 still uknnown is worse imo. That’s the PK/safety one, right? If PK isn’t public, stacking talk is guesswork.
PK first, then stack talk. Otherwise it’s two unknowns.
The expression paper gets quoted in peptide threads like it’s clinical data. 2% inoculum, 40 g/L soybean peptone, 80 g/L glucose, ~3x reporter vs basal — that’s fermentation optimization. Ammonium sulfate at 50% and 60% is purification. None of that tells me how BPC behaves in a stack. I wish people would stop blending production chemistry with human recovery claims.
Right, and the rat ethanol ulcer model numbers get repeated like they translate to humans. Animal model, different route, different species.
What would you track? A loose log with photos, range of motion, sleep is better than nothing, but it’s subjective and easy to bias when you know what’s in the mix. If someone stacks BPC with something else, I’d want at least inflammatory markers and a functional test at baseline and after. Problem is n=1 logs are still n=1. The registry data won’t save us either: n=40, n=42, n=30, and n=120, with no raw results posted. So I get why people go off feel, but that’s exactly what bugs me.
The n=120 one is the only number that gives me pause. Where’s that trial listed? I thought the main ones were 40, 42, and 30.
Same registry. No results either, which is the whole problem.
Ran a 12-week n=1 on myself while the trial results I wanted never showed up, and the surprise was that my wearable's readiness score and my actual recovery went in opposite directions for five straight weeks — score climbing while my knee got stiffer on the first flight of stairs every morning. Turns out I'd traded my after-dinner walks for extra sleep, and the stiffness only ever responded to easy daily movement, not to anything I was adding on top. So I dropped the score and went to three plain columns in a notes app: date, hours slept, and a 1-5 "how did the stairs feel" number, plus a waist measurement every Sunday before coffee. Baseline was a 3-4 most mornings; by week 9 it was sitting at 1-2 and my waist was down about an inch and a half, which I'd honestly credit to getting back to 20 minutes of walking after dinner before I'd credit anything I was stacking. Contrarian take: trials going dark isn't a gap that Reddit threads fill, it's a reason to shrink your own variables — I stopped adding things and started changing one at a time, and the boring one won.
I’m less worried about the n’s than what the trials actually measure. A rotator cuff study can report “well tolerated” and still tell me nothing about whether I can haul mulch or reach the top shelf. My own log is a paper calendar: morning stiffness 1–10, whether my 30-minute walk felt normal, and if I had to skip cooking dinner because my shoulder was done. That doesn’t prove anything, but it stops me chasing stacks based on someone else’s vague “felt great.” Has anyone seen the primary endpoints for those trials—function/ROM or just safety labs? If it’s only safety, the anecdote gap makes more sense.
Daily weigher/trend-line person here. The thing I’d want before comparing those n’s is the primary endpoint. If a rotator cuff trial is scoring pain/function or imaging, it can’t answer whether stacking helps body comp or recovery in a weight-loss context—different outcome, different noise. I log a 7-day weight trend plus a weekly 0–10 function score, and I only change one variable at a time for a month. Otherwise the stack, a GLP-1 appetite shift, and extra walking all blur together. Sharp question: are any of those registries posting outcome-measure definitions or statistical analysis plans? That’s where I’d start, not the anecdotes.
The missing piece for me is function, not just pain. I’ve been keeping a note on my phone with overhead reach, sleep hours, and whether I actually did my home exercises. My best shoulder stretch happened during a month when nothing changed except sleep and consistency, which made me side-eye every glowing stack report. So when someone says a combo helped, I want to know what else shifted at the same time. Are you tracking something objective like range of motion or grip strength before/after? That’s the habit that keeps me from chasing anecdotes. Also, how long do you give a change before you decide it’s real?
The enrollment numbers don’t move me much either. What I want to know is what NCT07752381 actually measured: saline placebo vs open-label? MRI/ultrasound change or just pain scores? If it’s pain-only, my own plateau brain could placebo itself into thinking anything works. I track sleep, steps, protein, and lifting loads because that’s my only honest signal. So my real question: has anyone found the posted protocol or statistical analysis plan, or are we all just guessing from the title?
Follow-up: do you know if those trials’ primary endpoints were imaging-confirmed—MRI/ultrasound tendon morphology—or just VAS/PRTEE? That changes how I read the silence. A small trial can hit a subjective pain endpoint and still never publish if the structural endpoint is null, and vice versa. For my own tracking, I log sleep, protein, step count, rehab adherence, and a daily pain NRS. If I change more than one variable at a time, I can’t separate signal from noise. Stacking anecdotes usually aren’t controlling for any of that, so I treat them as hypothesis-generating, not evidence.
The thing I keep coming back to is what the trials are actually measuring. Pain scores and ultrasound tendon thickness can move in opposite directions, so “no results” doesn’t tell us whether the signal was null or just not the endpoint people care about. I track morning stiffness, pain with first 10 steps, and a weekly timed single-leg stand; it’s humbling how much sleep and load change that. Sharp follow-up: has anyone found a statistical analysis plan or protocol PDF for NCT07752381? Even without data, knowing the primary endpoint and whether concurrent therapies were allowed would help me interpret the stacking anecdotes better.
One thing I have found useful is checking the outcome measures, not just enrollment. If a registry lists safety or tolerability as the primary endpoint and no functional endpoint, then positive stacking anecdotes are answering a different question. I also keep a weekly average of sleep, soreness, and step count rather than daily numbers, because my daily noise is large. Have you looked at whether the n=120 study pooled several indications? That would make it hard to compare with the very specific rotator cuff trial. And if real-world formulations vary widely, even a clean trial result may not map onto what people are stacking. It is a frustrating gap, and I appreciate you laying out the numbers so clearly.
Empty nester here, so I finally have time to nerd out on this. I started logging a 6-minute walk distance and a timed chair-stand test alongside my mood/pain notes, mostly to see if my new walking habit was actually changing anything. It’s humbling. If folks are stacking several things, are they tracking objective function like that, or mostly just pain/sleep vibes? Because a new injury rehab plus more movement plus better cooking could easily look like a miracle. I’d want to know what endpoint they think the stack is beating.
The thing I keep coming back to is co-interventions. In the trials, protocols usually lock the rehab/PT and restrict other peptides or recent NSAIDs, which makes them clean but also unlike forum stacks. Most anecdotal stacks are “BPC + TB + GHK + I finally got consistent with PT/sleep,” so the stack isn’t isolated. For NCT07752381, I’d want to know if they tracked concomitant meds and whether controls got the same rehab. If not, n=40 tells us very little about stacking. Did you see any adjunct restrictions in the protocol?
Budget dorm guy here: my protein is tuna packets and whatever dining hall chicken isn’t dry. The thing I’d want before comparing those tiny n’s is whether anyone logged protein, sleep, and training load alongside the stack. When I’m in a big deficit, my shoulder feels way worse even if I changed nothing else. So are the stack posters tracking that stuff, or is it just “felt better by week 3” while they also started PT? My
For me the missing piece is outcome mismatch. A rotator cuff trial is probably measuring imaging, strength, or a fixed functional endpoint; forum stacks get judged by how something feels on a random Tuesday. Both can be true and still not translate. I keep a note on my phone: what I changed, what I expected by when, and what would make me stop. If I can’t define the fail state, it’s just vibes. Curious—do you track one function test, like reaching overhead or stairs, instead of general soreness? That finally made my maintenance decisions less noisy.
I keep coming back to the denominator problem: how many people tried a stack, felt nothing, or had a flare and quietly stopped? Forums select for the wins. I live by my daily weight trend line, and I log sleep, soreness, and gym numbers too—so I know a 3-day “miracle” is usually noise. My sharp question: is anyone running a real baseline and washout before adding the next thing, or are we mostly attributing a good week to whatever’s newest? That missing column is what makes the anecdotes feel so loud to me.
One thing I do: I search PubMed and Google Scholar for the PI names, not just NCT numbers. Sometimes results show up in a conference abstract or a thesis years before the registry updates. For tracking, I log sleep, training load, and a daily pain/function score, and I only count a change if it holds for two weeks. But the real question I can't answer: if a completed trial with n=40 sits unpublished for years, at what point do you treat that as a soft negative rather than neutral? That's what keeps me from stacking anything.
Login to reply to this thread.
Login / Sign up