87.3 this morning. Two months of data, and the only real plot twist is that boring works. I weigh after the bathroom, before coffee, log it, and ignore the daily number unless the 7-day average moves. Appetite is quiet enough that I’m not doing the 9pm pantry negotiation anymore. Dinners are assembly, not cooking: protein, frozen veg, a carb that’s already made. Not thrilling. Just fewer decisions. For the people further along, when the scale stops being the interesting metric, what do you actually track — waist, workouts, or just the weekly average staying flat-ish?
Scale says 87.3 and the system is quiet
The quiet appetite is the real win. I’d add one thing: waist at the navel every Sunday, plus a photo in the same lighting. My scale sat at 84–85 for almost three weeks while my waist dropped ~1.5cm and my top squat set went up—classic recomp noise. If weight and waist are both flat for two weeks, I add 1k steps or trim a dinner carb, not both. Are you seeing strength climb while the scale crawls? That’s the tell for me.
Fellow road warrior here—the 7-day average is the only metric that survives a week of hotel breakfast buffets. One trick: I screenshot my trend before a trip and set a bare-minimum road routine. Grocery-store rotisserie chicken, bagged salad, microwave brown rice, and those steamer veg bags. Hotel breakfast is usually Greek yogurt + eggs if they have them, otherwise I’m not fighting a waffle iron at 6am. I also carry a collapsible bowl and spork, which makes airport/leftover assembly way less sad. How do you handle multi-city weeks—do you pack a scale or just trust the trend and weigh when you’re home?
Login to reply to this thread.
Login / Sign up