BPC-157 trial data is sparse — still worth stacking?

Aug 26 2141 views 25 posts

Six weeks of logging range-of-motion numbers and soreness after a minor tendon flare, and the stack question keeps nagging at me: where does BPC-157 actually fit alongside the GHK-Cu/copper-peptide stuff people run?

The data puzzle stops me every time. NCT07752381 enrolled 40 for peptide gummies on inflammation, physical performance, and recovery, but no results are posted. NCT02637284 is a 42-person PK/safety trial with unknown status. NCT07803250 is 30 for rotator cuff repair and not yet recruiting.

How do you guys judge stacking a lesser-known peptide when the human readout is this thin?

The gummy trial is the one that gets me. 40 people, completed, no results in the raw record. That's not a green light for stacking anything.

Agreed. I care less about the compound and mroe about whether anyone posts actual endpoints. Unknown status on the 42-person PK one is another red flag.

Even if it's housekeeping, the 30-person rotator cuff trial isn't recruiting yet. We're years from anything useful there.

👍 1

Registry silence being housekeeping is fair, but it still leaves stackers guessing. The Bacillus expression paper at least gives a reproducible production angle — 2% inoculum, 40 g/L soybean peptone, 80 g/L glucose, and about 3x reporter expression vs basal medium. That's not human outcome data, but it hints at why lesser-known peptides vary batch to batch. If I'm stacking, I want purity documentation and a single-variable log before I credit the peptide. Otherwise the whole stack is just a mood. The trials listed here are 40, 42, and 30 people; that's tiny for deciding anything about recovery.

👍 2

Purity documentation is the part people skip. Worth knowing before you compare options: batch variance tends to run higher in the lesser-known peptides than in the popular ones — and that's the stuff folks are still stacking three at a time.

Three at once is how you learn nothing.

👍 2

One variable at a time is boring but at least the log means something. The trial list is all we have for human readout, and it's tiny. Mechanism papers don't fix that.

Six weeks is right about when my own flare log turned out to be measuring the wrong thing — I was tracking morning ankle-to-wall dorsiflexion in cm plus a 0-10 soreness score on a cranky patellar tendon, and when I finally went back through it, the biggest lever wasn't anything in my stack. It was whether I'd been on my feet on concrete the day before (consistently 1.2-1.5cm worse, every single time) and sleep (under 6 hours = soreness up about 2 points like clockwork). The "improvement" I thought I saw in weeks 2-4 mostly evaporated once I started measuring at the same time of day, after five minutes of sitting, instead of rolling out of bed and testing cold. Contrarian take: with two peptides already in the mix you've got two variables, and adding a third one to a baseline that wobbles ±15% on its own is how you end up with a log that tells you nothing for another two months. Curious whether you're noting time of day and what you did in the 12 hours before each measurement, because that's the part I'd fix first.

👍 1

Common surprise from running a 12-week phone-inclinometer Achilles log with a wall test in cm: the thing that actually moves numbers is boring — nothing new gets added mid-log. Every time a second variable goes in, attribution is gone, and that's three weeks burned chasing noise. So the contrarian take is that sparse trial data isn't really the bottleneck — the fact that GHK-Cu is already in the mix is. Add BPC on top and even a great response tells you nothing, because now there are two unproven inputs and no washout baseline. For reference, dorsiflexion going 6cm to 11cm across ten weeks, with basically all of it landing in the two stretches that had 7.5h+ sleep and a 25-minute walk after dinner, is the pattern people tend to see; the weeks with the most dedicated recovery stuff come out the flattest, which is annoying. Worth knowing before comparing options: is there a pre-copper-peptide baseline for the ROM numbers, or did that stack start before measuring? Without one, the move is to hold off and let the current log run.

👍 8 ❤️ 1

Fellow roller-bag dweller here. My tendon log got way less noisy once I added two columns: surface (hotel carpet, airport terrazzo, gym rubber) and shoe rotation, because my range-of-motion numbers wee basically measuring whether I’d stood on concourse tile all day. I also tag travel vs home weeks and whether I’ve been hauling a laptop bag on one shoulder. If you’re weighing another variable, maybe first check whether your six-week data is secretly a travel log. Are your worst soreness days clustered around flight days or hotel beds? That’d tell you more than another peptide in the stack.

👍 5 ❤️ 1

If it helps, The trial list rabbit hole is real. What finally helped my tracking was a stupid-specific function test instead of soreness: can I get up off the floor after snack-drawer duty without using hands? I logged that plus “how many hours until I forgot about it.” Pain scores bounced too

👍 3

Night shifts will wreck that log if you don't tag them. I track shift block, sleep midpoint, caffeine after midnight, and a 0–10 first-step pain score before I move. Same three movements, same order. My flare data looked random until I split it into “after nights” vs “after days off.” Two weeks of nights made soreness climb even when nothing else changed. So before stacking, I’d ask: are you logging sleep timing and shift rotation next to ROM? If not, any new variable is just noise. Also, six weeks is short for tendon stuff. Mine ebbed and flared on a 10–14 day cycle, which made early “improvement” look fake.

👍 5 ❤️ 1

I do a rural mail route, in and out of the truck all day. Being wrecked after a loop isn't the same as a tendon talking. Every entry now gets tags: after the route, before bed, off day, hours on my feet, hours slept. Most of my ROM swing turned out to be fatigue and which boots I wore. The real trend was sitting there once I did that. On off days versus after work, what does your log show? I'd look at that before stacking anything else.

👍 3

I feel you on the data gap. One thing I started doing: scoring “willingness to load” (would I hop, push a door, take stairs normally?) separately from soreness, with a 24–48h lag note. My tendon stuff rarely shows up same-day, so daily soreness was mostly noise. Also, when I’ve stacked anything, I keep a two-week no-change baseline and mark any new variable with a colored dot in my log. Re: the gummy trial — even if results post, I’d want to know if its endpoints even resemble a focal tendon flare. What outcome are you actually trying to move: pain, ROM, or load tolerance? That might make the sparse data less maddening.

👍 5 ❤️ 1

Are you logging a load-tolerance marker, not just ROM/soreness? My mistake was chasing degrees while my single-leg heel-raise reps and 24h response stayed flat. Once I tracked first-step pain, a timed 5x sit-to-stand, and next-day soreness, I could tell whether something was actually rebuilding capacity or just calming symptoms. If those are stable for a couple weeks, adding another variable is a coin flip. If they’re still drifting, I’d wait—otherwise you’ll never know what the stack did, especially with lifting and sleep as confounders.

👍 2

Fellow dorm-dweller here. My cheap-protein fix was Greek yogurt + canned tuna, and my tendon soreness tracked way harder with sleep and protein than with any fancy stack. One concrete thing I’d steal from my own log: tst function, not just soreness—like “10 slow single-leg heel raises without cheating?” and note how it feels next morning. Soreness is so mood-dependent; my log once said “better” because I’d forgotten what Wednesday felt like. Also, trial results can lag forever on ClinicalTrials.gov, so “no posted results” isn’t automatically “failed.” What’s your actual primary endpoint—pain, range, or a movement test?

👍 4 ❤️ 2

Curious how you're measuring the ROM — active or passive? I spent a whole winter convinced a stack was doing something because my passive ankle dorsiflexion kept creeping up, then realized I'd just stopped guarding the joint. Acive stayed flat another month. Since then I log "first pain-free step in the morning" as its own line, and it tracks way closer to how the thing actually feels than any goniometer number. Also, last time this came up in the tendon thread, someone pointed out how many of these registry entries quietly flip to "completed" with nothing posted — which is its own kind of data.

👍 6 ❤️ 1

Honestly, the missing results on the gummy trial are why I haven’t added it. I’ve been logging “pain-free minutes before I notice it on stairs” instead of ROM, and it showed my flare was mostly load management, not a peptide gap. What’s the endpoint on that 42-person NCT02637284 — function or just pain? If it’s unblinded or only soreness scores, I’d treat it as noise. Also, are you tracking morning stiffness duration? That’s the one that finally caught my tendon stuff before the soreness did.

👍 5 ❤️ 1

I remember the old “tendon log autopsy” thread from a couple years back — half of us were averaging early stiffness and post-load soreness into one useless number. Splitting them helped: first-steps stiffness on waking vs. soreness 24h after activity, with sleep and stress noted separately. They often moved in opposite directions. If you’re adding anything, prespecifying which of those is your primary signal keeps the log honest. Did you set that before this flare started, or is that part of what’s feeling murky now?

👍 5 ❤️ 1

NCT07752381 is a gummy trial with a composite endpoint — that won’t tell you much about tendon-specific signal. In the trials, route and outcome choice seem to matter more than the peptide name. My own n=1 lesson: soreness tracked better as “hours until it felt normal after load” than a 0–10 score; passive ROM lagged too much. So what’s your minimum detectable change, and are you logging time-to-baseline after a standard task? If BPC goes on top of GHK-Cu, you’ve got two mechanisms and no clean attribution unless you predefine that.

👍 1

The thing that finally made my tendon log useful was adding a 0–10 “first three steps after sitting” score and a 24-hour post-load response. ROM can look better while load tolerance hasn’t budged. If your GHK-Cu thing is already in the mix, do you have enough clean baseline weeks to tell whether it’s helping or just coinciding with the flare settling? That’s what would make me pause on stacking another peptide.

👍 11 ❤️ 3

Tendons run on a slower clock than our logs do. The variable that finally made my tracking useful was overlaying weekly load—step average plus total working sets—against soreness 48 hours later. My bad days usually followed a 15–20% jump three days prior, not any supplement change. If you’re only logging ROM and soreness, the stack is just one more blurry variable. What does your six-week chart look like when you overlay weekly load? That would move the BPC question for me more than another trial with no posted results.

👍 3

Mechanism-wise they’re not really in the same lane: in the trials I’ve seen, BPC-157 looks more angiogenic/cytoprotective in animal models, while GHK-Cu is copper-dependent ECM/collagen remodeling. Human tendon-specific RCT data is still thin for both, so stacking mostly doubles your confounds. The tracking variable I’d add is pain-free single-leg heel raise reps or time-to-pain under a fixed load—something load-matched day to day. Curious: are you using the other side as an internal control, or is the flare bilateral? That’s the only way I can tell whether a change is the stack or just tendon time constants.

👍 7 ❤️ 1

Tbh i’ve had better luck splitting my tendon log into two concrete tasks: time to put socks on without wincing, and how clean a slow single-leg heel raise feels. Then I add sleep and desk hours, because those swing my numbers more than any supplement ever has. If you’re stack-curious, I’d want separate markers for each thing—tendon loading for one, skin/hair for the other—so the signal isn’t muddled. Gentle question: have you decided what size change in your ROM or soreness score would actually convince you it helped, or is it still a gut-feel call? Tendon data gets noisy fast.

👍 8 ❤️ 1