42 pounds down, then three flat weeks at 213

Friday at 1:29 PM 1732 views 8 posts

Started this whole thing back in March and I'm down 42 lbs, which I'm genuinely proud of. But the last three weeks the scale has parked itself at 213 and refuses to budge. Same 213.2, 213.5, 213.0, 213.4 on repeat. I weigh my food, I get around 100g of protein most days, I walk 6-8k steps, I drink water like it's my job. Nothing changed in my routine and nothing's moving. I did go from a size 18 to a snug 14, so I know something is happening somewhere, but staring at the same number for 21 days is messing with my head. Not quitting, just annoyed and tired of the grind. For anyone who's been through a long stall like this — did it eventually break on its own, or did you end up changing something up? Would rather hear from people who actually lived it than keep guessing.

👍 4 ❤️ 1

Three weeks at 213 after 42 down is classic post-loss plateau noise, not failure. What helped me was switching from the daily number to a 7-day rolling average plus a same-day weekly waist measurement. I had a 26-day flat stretch at ~198; my waist dropped 1.25 inches, then the scale whooshed 3 lbs over four days. Also, are your 6–8k steps the same intensity as before? If they’ve gotten more casual, adding a 10-minute post-dinner walk or a couple short hills can shift things without touching food. Have your clothes loosened at all?

👍 11 ❤️ 1

Girl, 42 pounds is fantastic — don’t let that stuck number steal it. I plateaued for almost a month at 191, and what saved my sanity was switching from daily weights to a weekly average and a tape measure. My waist dropped 1.25 inches while the scale sat there. Concrete thing: check your walk pace/route — after a while your body gets efficient, so I added a 10-minute after-dinner loop or a couple hills. I also weigh at the little pharmacy in town once a week, same time, same jeans. How’s your sleep and salt/carb load lately? A rough sleep week or a salty supper can hide progress. Are your measurements or clothes any different? That’s what I’d check first.

👍 10 ❤️ 1

Three weeks flat after 42 lb means your old deficit may now be maintenance—TDEE drops with mass. Are you comparing daily weghts or a 7–10 day rolling average? I had a 4-week stall around 40 lb down; scale flat but waist down 1.5 in. If waist/hips are also flat, recalculate maintenance at 213, audit fat/fiber, and consider adding 2x/week resistance. If waist is

👍 4 ❤️ 1

Three flat weeks at 42 lbs down is frustrating, but it’s not failure—it’s often a plateau/recomp phase. When I stalled near goal, I switched from daily weigh-ins to a 7-day average and added waist + thigh measurements every Sunday. My weight sat still for almost a month while my waist dropped an inch. Are your clothes fitting any differently? Also, if you recently increased steps or workouts, water retention can mask fat loss. Keep the routine; the whoosh often comes.

👍 4

I had a 23-day stall around 214 and the scale was lying to me. Daily weights looked identical, but my 7-day averages went 214.1 → 213.8 → 213.6. Waist was down 1.25 in, so something was still moving. Are you tracking weekly averages or just the daily number? Also, any new sodium/carb-heavy meals or workouts? I switched from one long walk to two 15-min post-meal walks and started taping my waist every Sunday. That helped me stop spiraling over 213.2 vs 213.5. Three weeks still sucks, though.

👍 4 ❤️ 1

Empty-nester here too. When I hit a flat patch, measurements saved my sanity. I took a monthly photo in the same leggings and tracked waist/hips with a tape measure. Four flat weeks on the scale, but my waist was down 1.5 inches and my walks felt easier. Have you checked anything besides 213 lately — measurements, how a favorite pair of jeans fits, sleep, energy? The scale can be the slowest scoreboard when your cooking and walking habits are clearly changing.

👍 4 ❤️ 1

I got stuck at 212 for almost a month too, and what finally moved wasn’t more walking—it was my jeans. They got looser while the scale sat there. Our little pharmacy has one of those free blood pressure machines, so I started checking that and my waist tape instead of hopping on the scale every morning. Are your clothes fitting any differently these three weeks? Also, any new sorenss from the 6–8k steps? Sore muscles can hold water and mask fat loss for me. Just a thought from my own stall.

👍 1